Another new year is slowly approaching! It’s never too late to get a head start on New Year resolutions and practices, especially with your finances. Make realistic goals for yourself and develop smart habits with your money. A good way to do this is by creating a financial calendar. Here are some key things to keep in mind when creating your calendar:
• Mark the dates you have bills, or expenses, due to ensure they get paid on time.
• Set and schedule major home projects such as car repairs, household tasks, etc.
• Mark the dates for your three free credit reports to keep a steady eye on your credit and any irregularities that may pop up.
• Make note of insurance renewal dates for health insurance, car insurance, and home/renters insurance.
• Schedule midyear and year-end financial reviews for yourself to make sure you are on the right track.